The Oklahoma Oil Company was a small discounter based in Chicago, Illinois. This 1955 map was issued just before the company's acquisition by Standard Oil Co. of New Jersey. Jersey would later consolidate its midwestern retail operations under the Oklahoma name until they subsequently settled on the Enco name for operations outside the territory in which the company was allowed to brand as "Esso".
After Oklahoma's 1956 acquisition by Standard Oil Co. of New Jersey, the company adopted an oval logo reminiscent of the familiar Esso logo. This map was issued in 1960. By the end of that year, Oklahoma stations had been rebranded as Enco using the same oval logo design as the company used elsewhere.
Old Dutch marketed within Michigan and its logo played on the large Dutch population of that state — with the brand's. logo including a windmill. This map dates from 1941.
The Oval-E brand was adopted in 1946 to replace the Powerine brand in the western and Pacific northwest states owned by a subsidiary of Standard Oil Company of New Jersey. The Esso brand could not be used outside Jersey Standard's east coast base, so Esso's trademark Greek "E" and oval logo were adopted in what must have one of the more odd brand names. Perhaps it was a trial.
Owens was an independent marketer headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois. The company operated a number of stations in the midwest. This map was issued in 1962 and shows the company's older "Oco Pep" identity.
This map dates from 1971 and its rear cover includes a list of all Owens station locations. Owens had been acquired by Clark in the late Sixties as a secondary brand. Following the energy crisis of the Seventies, Owens retail stations were either rebranded as Clark or were closed.