DEA's origins are in a company that originated before the turn of the twentieth century. The name DEA comes from the one-time corporate title, Deutsche Erdöl Aktiengesellschaft (German Mineral Oil Company). This atlas was issued in 1958. The image shows the green linen-bound cover and the title page of the atlas. The cartography is by Falk and uses Falk's trademark folding style. DEA operated a fairly sizeable chain of several thousand stations throughout the Federal Republic of Germany (West Germany) and was taken over by Texaco in the mid-Sixties. However, the DEA name (albeit with a new logo) was resurrected in 1988 when Texaco sold its German operations.